Two pointers die after eating pesticide on potato field

source: Veterinary Record vol 151 no 4, July 27 2002 p104

Two pointers have died following a walk on a potato field. Both dogs were found to have traces of a pesticide, aldicarb, in their stomachs. The field had just been sown, and it is possible that some of the pesticide had spilled onto the surface, and was eaten by the dogs. Other notable cases of canine illness seen by vets include the death of five puppies from canine herpesvirus infection, and coccidiosis affecting two puppies in separate incidents. It is rare for coccidiosis to affect dogs.